While Surfing: On the Ebola Virus
Following the recent global anxiety about great mortality rates of citizens in west Africa, several Youtube channels have covered this story with the intent to educate and inform the rest of the world on this dangerous albeit unfamiliar disease.
While surfing one of my favourite science channels, SciShow, I saw this video summarizing the Ebola virus’ casualties, a synopsis of its history, transmission and the current state in Africa. The link below will lead you to the video.
- 2nd Deadliest Disease
- Bats were the initial carriers
- a.k.a. Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever or Ebola Virus Disease
- The most violent species of right now is the Zebov with a fatality rate of 83%
- Coined “Ebola” because of its place origin, the Ebola river
- 2014 has 1,323 infected out of which 729 have died
- It causes flu-like symptoms of vomiting and diarrhoea then destroys the capillaries until all of the patient’s…
View original post 219 more words